- (obsolete) The husk of grain; chaff.
- (slang) Something of poor quality.
The long-running game show went from offering good prizes to crap in no time.
- (slang) Something that is rubbish; nonsense.
The college student boasted of completing a 10,000-word essay on Shakespeare, but the professor judged it as utter crap.
- (slang) Faeces or feces; a euphemism for shit.
- (slang) An act of defecation.
I have to take a crap
- (slang) Useless object, sometimes used as a plural
What is that? It's just a bunch of crap''
verb (craps, crapping; past and past participle crapped)
- (slang) To defecate.
- (somewhat) Of poor quality.
- (slang) Expression of worry, fear, shock, surprise, disgust, annoyance or dismay.
Oh crap! The other driver's going to hit my car!
Crap! I lost the game.
What the crap?!
Aw, crap, I have to start over again from the beginning of the level.
noun (plural craps)
- (gambling) A losing throw of 2, 3 or 12 in craps
- (Canada) Conservative-Reform Alliance Party or Reform-Conservative Alliance Party or Canadian Alliance
- (Canadian politics) RCAP , CA